CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

BNW Response #4

After responding to question three, the answer is quite clear for me: I feel the society presented in Brave New World is bad. I don’t think I could live in a world full of false happiness and brainwashed people. There is no freedom of expression, which makes Huxley’s view of the future horrifying.

In thinking about a Utopia makes me think of the movie, Pleasantville. We watched it on this year’s Diversity Day. It’s about a teenage boy and girl who are completely opposites, and they gets ‘sucked’ into the television and placed into what seems to be an I Love Lucy sitcom. Everything is perfect in this society and needless to say, it’s colorless. The citizens aren’t allowed - or rather they just don’t know - about individuality, emotions, pain, war…really anything outside their perfect world. So to imagine that kind of world and actually live in it seems terrible.

Also, to not be able to feel emotions and to just sleep around with everyone with no consequences is very disturbing to me. It desensitizes the meaning of life.

0 comments: