CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Friday Night Plays

The plays on Friday were really well written and I thought they were great! Elise Lockwood is incredibly talented to write all of these plays and have them flow, make sense, and be funny. My favorite would have to be Playing the Pronoun Game and/or Being or Not Being.

I thought the title, Playing the Pronoun Game, itself was just so creative and I loved David, played by Daniel Hellman, and Isaac, played by Ian Ketcham, as the Dads of Elise Vreede. I wasn’t so sure about the end of play though, not because Maggie and Kristen got together, but because it ended so quickly – course it was a one-act play.

Being or Not Being, written by Henry Johnston, was hilarious. Lucious, played by Ian, telling Brad Pitt, played by R.J. Connors, off was classic. And Jim Ray just made it for me!

The only play I didn’t understand was If Books Could Kill. Joshua, J.P. Mershon, went crazy because he couldn’t figure out the narrator of a book Rory, Elise Lockwood, wrote and eventually it killed him. I feel like there was something deeper to the play, but I don’t know what it is. I also wish I knew the significance of the quote he wanted Rory to figure out which book it was from.

Great Job!

0 comments: