CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Oh the wonderful AP English Exam...

I think my biggest concern with the AP English Lang. Exam is not scoring well or going "deep" enough. Although time is always an issue considering my terrible case of procrastination, I don't think that is where I'll be freaking out about. It helps a lot that I have extended time on tests and I was just approved for 50% extra time on the AP Exam.
Hah and thank goodness for that... Being rushed won't be an issue.

We talk about all sorts of things in class and it takes me a while to actually understand what author meant on a different level than how I would usually think; being able to analyze things quickly should be an interesting task. I will say though, come May I don't doubt that we'll all be ready for the exam. It's still early on in the year, and by the time the exam rolls around we will be more prepared. (Don't you love the pressure LaMags of having to make sure we're in good shape for this thing?!)

You know it's funny though, I just started taking this SAT prep course over at Park Tudor yesterday and I'm positive some of the tips this wacky, over the top teacher we have are going to put into use than just the SAT. The AP Exam in mostly a scantron format and I’m thrilled knowing I won’t be wasting my time bubbling in circles. This teacher gave us the most useful pencils that are shaped like a thin, long rectangle. It saves time when bubbling in the scantron because well, you don't have bubble in anymore. You just run the pencil across it and it fills in the circle... How come this wasn't given to use before?! Oh the time we would have saved... Oh and if anyone is interested in a fun fact, this pencil saves you approximately 14 minutes and 10 seconds on the SAT. Isn't that nice?

Okay back to talking about the AP Exam...

So like I said, analyzing things with essays will be the most difficult. Multiple choice will be awesome because you have the answer staring at you in the face. If they are an easy question, they will have an easy answer. If they are a hard question, they will have a hard answer. (Right Katie and Maggie!!)


Oddly enough, this was fun to post about.

Who's excited about a full week of school this week?! I know I am...

0 comments: