CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Dayspring Center

Trying to find an organization that does more than feed or home the homeless is harder than I thought. If I am going to make a speech about a charity that empowers people to pursue success, it needs to have something special about it. I want to write a speech about someplace that does more than give the poor shelter or protect abused women, which is why I chose to write a speech about the Dayspring Center. The motto that they go by is, "Helping homeless families find a way home." Dayspring helps families realize their potential. They make a difference in more than one person's life.

I also chose this organization because my family contributes to their cause. My dad also knows some of the people who coordinate volunteers, so it works. This feels like the right organization to write a speech about.

1 comments:

Katie said...

Hey Lauren,

I totally agree with you. It was very hard to decide on a non-profit organization that helps someone become self-sufficient. It took me a long time to find an organization that meant something to me and was something I could give a speech about. It seems that many organizations help people by providing money or essential materials, but the organizations do not directly help the poor to be self-sufficient.

I have not heard of the Dayspring Center. It seems like it has a decent motto. However, if you choose to argue this organization, I would suggest connecting it to how it helps one become self-sufficient and not just on how the organization helps homeless people find homes. (I don't know if you were already planning on doing that, but I thought I would suggest that anyways.) You could possibly do an interview with one of the coordinators your dad knows to add some evidence and credibility to your argument.