CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Progress # 5 - Health Deceptions

I’ve been having some troubles finding research to support myself that there are health deceptions in the media. I cannot find any reliable sources or ones that relate to my topic – which leads me to need to narrow down my topic. So, I am in a bit of a rut.

I did find some interesting information on health food though. This source questions how healthy the food choices you make are. It says that some foods that claim to be healthier really aren’t and are worse for you. So that is a health deception. Americans are trying to be health conscious and with all of the “low fat”, “less sugar” and “all natural” food choices out there, it does make it difficult. Healthier food choices are everywhere, but do we really know what we’re eating? As dietitian David Grotto says, “I think some of the words being used on the labels are a little deceiving to the consumer.” (ABC Local) In one example I found, an organic version of macaroni and cheese may seem healthier, but in actuality, it has about the same amount of calories and MORE fat than the traditional. “There’s an assumption because those words are on the label, it’s a guarantee it’s a good or healthy item, and that is not always the case,” says Grotto.

Source- http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=health&id=5726993&pt=print

0 comments: