CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Empire State Building in Bedroom


So when I first saw this picture, Camera Obscura Image of the Empire State Building in Bedroom, by Abelardo Morell it sparked my interest and grabbed my attention. I've studied Morell's work in past photography classes and he truly is a talented photographer. What I love most about his work is how he emphasis's the use of lines and there is depth to his photographs.

In my opinion, this photograph it's just really, really interesting to look at. There is an image of the Empire State Building reflected onto a bed. To Morell, this building must have some sort of significance in his life and he is attracted to it. When I look at the photograph, it makes me think of how, when you are dreaming, nothing is ever clear - it's almost upside down - and that's how it is portrayed here.

2 comments:

Mei-Mei said...

I've never heard of Morell and know nothing about photography, but I really like this photograph. I like its uniqueness and creativity. I get the same feeling out of it that dreams are often unclear, can be distorted, or possibly even mislead someone because of the lack of clarity or logic. Not only are dreams unclear, but also many other aspects of the world that don't seem to make sense. I think that this photo is a creative way to portray that.

JLK2009 said...

I really like this picture Lauren. I think this could bring up many discussion and different people could come up with different interpretations of the picture. I like what you came up with about dreams never seeming clear and that the image is portraying this by making the building reflecting and upside down.
Good interpretation.