CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Realization

What is Wright’s realization at the end of the novel? Do you agree with it?

At the end of the novel, Wright realizes and comes to the understanding that creation, writing, is the only way to make sense of a senseless world. For him, writing is the only way to make sense of meaningless suffering. He feels that he needs to publicize his beliefs because no one is away. Wright decides that he is going to keep on trying to get people to understand that the only way they are united is how they messing up society with race. Wright really has the most hope he has ever had throughout the entire book, and yet, he is the loneliest.

I think it’s a great thing that Wright has hope at the end of book, however I think it’s really sad that writing is the only way for him to make sense of the world. No one was ever there for him and now, for him to get up and think that he can get people to understand is a really difficult task – I’m surprised is he has that much hope really. I think it’s a good way to get on with the rest of his life and not focus on the past.


P.S. Black Boy was a great book and I'm definitely going to re-read it at a slower pace during the summer.

1 comments:

ieyshawalker said...

Hey Lauren,

I completely agree with you and the information you have included in this blog. Indeed Wright`s realization at the end of the novel that writing is the only way to make sense of the world and that nothing will ever be unified in the world. Although this is true, it is sad that someone has to think the only way that he can make sense of life is to write, which is something that you have included in your blog. Having the sense that you only have one way to understanding life is depressing, especially when it is writing. It makes me scared to think of Wright's realization because I do not know how I could go about with the rest of my life knowing that writing is my only way to understand the world which I inhabit upon and is a place that I could never get out of. AHhhhh , it is scary. Sorry for ranting as a comment on your blog.

But nice blog, I totally agree with you and I love how you keep your blog nice and simple (just like J Krieb).

-Ieysha