CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Memory

This past summer I hung out with Brittney and Spike, and there was one time we had together that was a blast. We had all eaten dinner at a place where Derek works and weren’t sure what to do afterwards. Spike told us that Walker was working at the Marsh down the street and we could go hang out with him. It seemed like something to do, so we all drove over to there. It didn’t take long to find Walker; he was bagging some groceries for an older lady. He asked his supervisor right away if he could go on break. So he did and while he was walking over to us he put a black pick in his hair. We laughed at him because it looked ridiculous. If you know Walker he already has the afro going on, and to add the pick just topped off he look. He told us that when he got off work, which was in about five minutes, we could head over to his house. It was getting dark out so I told him that I couldn’t stay too long and I had to take Brittney home as well. He said that was fine.
So I drove up to his house with Brittney in my car. I was talking to her along the way, and hadn’t paid attention to where exactly we were going. That didn’t help us when we were rushing home later. When we first got to Walkers, it was really awkward and we just walked around for a bit. Spike picked up a basketball that was lying on the ground and began playing with it. It pretty much broke the ice.
Somehow during our miniature game of basketball, Walker talked to talk about how he accidentally lit his garage on fire, like full on lit it on fire. I don’t quite remember the details of how he managed to do that, but anyone who lights their house on fire has to be somewhat insane. While looking into his garage, I saw a bunch of rotten apples near the wheels of what looked like an Olds. Brittney asked Walker what was going on with all the crazy looking apples on the ground, and he told us that they were from his apple tree.
Spike picked one up and chucked it at the backboard of the basketball goal. And let me tell you, it splattered everywhere! It looked like someone had put an apple into a paintball machine and blasted it onto the backboard. The rest of us stood there in amazement for a moment, until we decided to join in on the fun. It felt like being little kids again. We picked up more and more disgusting looking apples and chucked them at the basketball goal. Sometimes the apples would clear above the board but that didn’t stop us. We would just run after them and throw them at the other side of the board.
When curfew came around, neither Brittney nor I wanted to leave. We were having such a good time and Walker was making us laugh so hard! It was great to be able to do stupid, yet fun, things like that for a night.

5 comments:

Elise Carter said...

That sounds like fun! I wish I could just start chucking some apples at a backboard of a goal. I love those moments when you can just let loose, and not worry about anything. I like how you were able to remember how walker lit his garage on fire, I think I heard about that. I really like the descriptions, and how you ended up at Walker's house. I just wish that there were more sensory details in this. I really liked this story, it made me laugh out loud, great job.

Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina said...

"but anyone who lights their house on fire has to be somewhat insane. "


I set my toaster on fire once...




... it was an accident

STEVE "B.Will" Willliams said...

Oh man i remember that day! I had such a good time! Who would have thought chucking apples at a backboard could be so entertaining.

STEVE "B.Will" Willliams said...

Oh man ib remember that day. Dinner was fantastic and going to Marsh was just interesting. Yeah, Walker is definately a pyro. Who would have known chucking apples at a backboard could be so entertaining. Lauren, i like your descriptions in this memory, as well as the humor.